Saturday, January 17, 2009

Not Politics

Ah the calm before the storm. Yes, you say, the ingauration is Tuesday and this truly is the last calm weekend before the change begins.

No not a political calm, a football calm. Tomorrow the AFC and the NFC champs will be determined. Then with a frenzy matched only by March madness the hipe and trash talking will begin. This is a particularly interesting time for me. My beloved Baltimore Ravens are just one win away from being AFC champs. We only have to beat the dreaded Pittsburgh Steelers. No love lost between these two titans of the AFC. Ranked 1 and 2 in their division and ranked 1 and 2 in defense, this will prove to be a very physical game. Can a team with a rookie quarterback and a rookie coach make it to the Super Bowl? I hope so.

As a transplanted Marylander, I have tried to support the North Carolina teams, both professional and collegiate. However, when a team from my home state is playing, my true loyalties show through.

So I will be glued to the TV tomorrow afternoon in anticipation of seeing history continuing to be made with a rookie quarterback winning the division playoffs and going to the Super Bowl.

No common sense here, just unabased pride in my home town team.

No comments: