Sunday, April 19, 2009

Driving Tips

Okay, I 'm sure this has to be wrong in any state but I'll keep an open mind. I am driving to work, minding my own business, staying within the speed limit, school is in afterall and I out my left mirror and all I can see is a chrome grill, and a turn signal. Okay, I am not officially freaked out. My first thought, emergency vehicle, must pull to right and yield. Small problem, no place to go. The vehicle drops back and pulls in behind me and guess what, no emergency vehicle but a rather large SUV in a bright red. We stop at a light and I give the vehicle a real good look, right at that moment, the person driving claps her hands together as if in glee. Psyco!!!!!!!. The light changes and I proceed on my way, now worried that the car behind me contains the means to my end.

The next thing I know she pulls around me and speeds off in the left turn lane. Eventually she makes a left turn but only after several moments have passed. Now when I learned to drive, the left turn lane was just that, a lane for making a left or right turn off the traveled road. It was not to be used to travel any length of time or miles.

In some cities, she would not have gotten too far before she had a head-on collision or at least verbally attacked.

Not every mile of unoccupied roadway is meant to be driven on for a long period of time. I know that the police have more important things to deal with, like real criminals but there should be a way to identify people who do this on regular basis. I have often wanted the ability to push a button from inside my car, that would spray paint or attach a sticker to the offending car for all to see at least until the culprit stopped and could remove it. Another feature would be a camera that took a picture of the culprit's license plate number and hopefully the offense in question, so it could be posted on you-tube or some other such public place where anyone could see and comment.

Of course, the ACLU would probably not agree with this because I am sure it violates some kind of privacy law. But it would be something to think about.

No comments: